Saturday, June 12, 2010

Utah Valley Half Marathon


On June 12th, the day before I turned 32, I ran my 3rd Half Marathon. It started up in Provo Canyon and the first half was mostly down hill and the 2nd half was up University Ave ending at the Provo Mall. I ran the first half well (of course the down hill and rain helped) and faster than I normally do, which is probably why I thought I was not going to be able to run the last 3 miles but somehow I did and finished in my fasted time 2 hours and 10 minutes (ave 9.58 min mile). My brother Alan ran the FULL Marathon. I am so proud of him and his hard work. It was amazing to watch all of the marathons come in knowing how hard it was for me to just do half that (although I think 13.2 miles is still pretty good).

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Proud of you Amy!

melissa said...

Pretty good?! It's freakin' awesome! I am just getting into running and am doing a lame 3-5 miles 3 times a week. It'll get better, right?!