Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Wahoo!! I survived another fun, busy year of teaching preschool. It really went by so fast. This last year I taught 2 classes of 4 & 5 year olds and had a total of 21 students. We had a great graduation/year end program at the Library. (since I don't have parents permission I'm not going to post pictures, but the kids were sure cute)! I am planning on teaching 3 classes next year, 2 - 4 year old classes and 1 -3 year old class. It really has been an awesome job and a great blessing!

Now on to our weekend, which we were all looking forward to. We went to St. George with my
parents and stayed at my Aunt Glenda & Uncle Don's house. My girls went down on Thursday evening with my parents and we came down with Sean (there was no fighting in the car!) on Friday. We swam every day! It was in the 80's or even touched 90 degrees most days and with the cool weather we have had this spring it was a nice change. Friday night we went and saw the new Shrek movie with the kids. Saturday, I got up and went jogging. Us girls went shopping while the boys went and played at the arcade. We went swimming again and that night went to a fun park close by.
Kaylee on the spinning chair

They had this cool pendulum swing

Grandma even gave it a try

Grandma & Grandpa McPheeters with the kids.

It was right after this picture that we were heading back to the car and I realized I didn't have the van key in my pocket. "Why Me?" We only have one lone key (it is not on a key chain because the attachment broke) for the van. I had put it in my pocket with my cell phone because I didn't want to carry around my purse. Well we of course started looking everywhere we had been and peeking in the windows in the van and could not find it. So we ended up calling a lock smith and he came and and opened the van, but the key was not in there (which is what I figured but I was praying it was). So that meant I must have dropped it somewhere in the park probably one of the times I took out my phone to take a picture. It was getting dark and this park was big and covered in wood chips. We ended up paying the guy to make us a new key. Heavenly Father answered our prayers- the next day when we went back to the park to look one more time & Sean found our key (Way to go Sean!!) up on a ledge. Someone must have found it and put it there. It was an awful night, but it all worked out and now we have 2 keys. Thanks to my parents for helping!
On Sunday we went to the St George Temple. Isn't it beautiful?

family picture on the stairs of the temple

Kaylee, Brynlee & Sean

We enjoyed having a picnic and getting our feet wet at the splash pad.

Family Picture at Snow Canyon.
It was beautiful and hot, and we enjoyed climbing on the rocks and sand dunes.
My Parents! Aren't they a cute couple? Thanks for making our weekend so great!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

These are fabulous pictures Amy! What an expensive way to get an extra key :).

The Curtis Family said...

Love the pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time. We'll have to do a St. George trip soon. Thanks for letting us see the pictures. :)

stephrojas said...

I have to say, you just have a beautiful family and I LOVE your parents! They are always so happy and must be amazing grandparents! What a beautiful trip! I have never been to St. George, but it looks amazing! Glad to see you and your family are doing well...aside from the late night in the park searching for a key! ;)
You have got to be an AMAZING preschool teacher! I REALLY hope you are still teaching in a couple years (when we plan to be back in SLC) I would love to get my younger 2 in your preschool!!!

melissa said...

pretty photos! i hope i see you still in first grade! when we were on the field trip i couldn't help but think of how not too long ago it was a p-k field trip with Kaden. time goes toooo fast!